Hunter Stokes (Chief Writer): Follow @stokes_hunter21
Follow The MLB Reports On Twitter Follow @mlbreports
With our Monthly Rankings article coming on Thursday, I thought I would do this weekly article right now, even though 3 games have only transpired since the ALL – Star Break.
There has been some movement for sure. I had a paltry week of predicting at 2 – 5 – 3, but am still prognosticating decently for the year.
Late last week, I bet the Rays, Indians and Red Sox for the World Series at $5 bets. TB pays out at 100/1, Cleveland 80/1 and Boston 65/1.
I also will win a lot of money in the AL East, unless the Blue Jays or Yankees take down the division. That is another article for another time.
As for the World Series wager, if any team from the AL Central wins the title, I am up at least $500 worth of profit.
If the Red Sox or Orioles win the thing, it is about $800 worth, and the Rays would net me $2000, as I have hammered the hell out of them, expecting a bounce back, and taking advantage of high value.
In the National, I rolled the dice with the Pirates for some NL Central winning odds of 9/1, and they are climbing up the Division fast.
Milwaukee, St. Louis, Los Angeles and any team in the NL East (except Philly) can squash my profits into flames.
My hopes for the NL circuit lie within Cincinnati ( I can win about $1700 for a WS win, got them at 66/1 odd when they started 3 – 8.)
I also have taken advantage of high odds for the Bucs at 80/1 back when they were struggling.
The AL West can dash my World Series cash quest as well. Of note, my best Division bet of the last 3 weeks was picking the Angels both at +250 and +300 for an AL West win.
The trades the club has done has armed them with a nice Bullpen now.
Best Bets on the Board Last Week/Notes (Value wise) Rec: 1-3-1:
1. BAL +1600 ( 4 game lead on Toronto, team pretty healthy) +1800 (Loss)
2. PIT +3500 (with CIN/STL injuries and MIL not playing well, good value) +3300 (Win)
3. Milwaukee +1800 (Still have NL Central lead) +2000 (Loss)
4. Washington +1000 (Should pull away from ATL 2nd half) +1000 (Draw)
5. KC +4000 (Within range of SEA, one of best SOS’s in 2nd half) +5000 (Loss)
Worst odds on the board Last Week (Value Wise) Notes + Record 1 – 2 – 2.
1. TOR +1400 (Losing June and July, injuries mounting) +1800 (Win)
2. NYY +2200 (.500 club as team sits at best) +2000 (Loss)
3. OAK +500 (If LAA catches them, they may get bounced in WC play in) +500 (Draw)
4. SF+1100 (not by much here, but hard to bet them winning NL West, road harder traveled through WC game) +1000 (Loss)
5. SEA +2500 (Need to pull a trade down) +2500 (Draw)
Odds To Win The 2014 World Series This Week (Last Week Odd)
1. OAK +500 (+50)
2. DET +600 (+600)
3. LAD +700 (+700)
4. LAA +750 (+900)
T5. WSH +1000 (+1000)
T5. SF +1000 (+1100)
7. STL +1100 (+1100)
T8. ATL +1600 (+1400)
T9. TOR +1800 (+1400)
T9. BAL +1800 (+1600)
T11. MIL +2000 (+1600)
T11. NYY +2000 (+2200)
13. SEA +2500 (+2500)
T14. PIT +3300 (+3500)
T14. CIN +3300 (+3500)
T16. KC +5000 (+4000)
T16 CLE +5000 (+6500)
18. BOS +6000 (+5000)
19. TB +8000 (+10000)
T20. MIA +20000 (+8000)
T20. NYM +20000 (+30000)
22. CWS +30000 (+25000)
T23. MIN +50000 (+25000)
T23. PHI +50000 (+30000)
25. SD +100000 (+300000)
26. TEX +200000 (+05000)
T27. COL +300000 (+50000)
T27. CHC +300000 (+300000)
T27. ARI +300000 (+300000)
T27. HOU +300000 (+250000)
Best Bets on the Board This Week (Value wise):
1. TB +8000 (Pivotal 8 game stretch before the Trade Deadline, need to go at least 5 – 3, if do, could keep the team intact.
2. BOS +6000 (Could make up some ground on the O’s, and 18th favored team, odds to good to ignore.
3. WSH +1000 (lift off sometime soon)
4. PIT +3300 (They are sneaking up on people, and could pull of a trade to help, and they are healthiest in the division)
5. CLE +5000 (Are back in the Wild Card Race too, and have some cupcakes to play in the AL Central, with the rest of the teams selling off pieces, maybe even KC.
Worst odds on the board This Week (Value Wise)
1. TOR +1800 (need to beat Boston in the next 2 weeks)
2. Oakland +500 (The odds probably won’t go lower than this, and LAA breathing down their neck).
3. Seattle +2500 ( A swarm of teams are surrounding them for the Wild Card now)
4. Cincinnati +3300 (Brutal weekend versus the weekend, and injuries are piling up)
5. BAL +1800 They play 7 of the next 10 games versus the Angels, mixed in with a series at Seattle. New York in contrast, plays Texas 7 of next 10 games.
US Residents be advised it is illegal to gamble in most states in the country.
Odds brought to you by http://www.bet365.com
*** The views and opinions expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of mlbreports.com and their partners***
A Big thanks goes out to our chief writer Hunter Stokes for preparing today’s feature post
For all of the Rosters, Depth Charts, State of the Unions and Salaries Posts that we do, please visit our dedicated page link here.
Please e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and feedback. To subscribe to our website and have the Daily Reports sent directly to your inbox, click here and follow the link at the top of our homepage.
Like us on Facebook here