Hunter Stokes (Chief Writer): Follow @stokes_hunter21
Follow The MLB Reports On Twitter Follow @mlbreports
The record for predicting odds last week was 4 – 3 – 3.
The Rays have kept chipping away at their odds, by having a 4 – 2 week. At +8000 for the World Series, this is still tremendous value. I actually like the +1800 for the division even better.
Baltimore is holding onto a firm grasp of the AL East (4 games over TOR – and 5 Games over NYY), so how the hell do the oddsmakers have the Blue Jays favored slightly more than the O’s.
I will take the win, and leave the Birds as a best pick this week. I was amazed to see the Jays maintained a +1400 clip despite having a pitiful week, and see the injuries continue to rise.
The Cards both thwarted my Brewers best bet pick last week, but also worked against my 1 of my worst odd picks, narrowing the Central lead to just 1 game.
The Redbirds are now +700 more favored than the Brew Crew for the NL Central. This despite losing Yadier Molina.
I still hate the A’s being the #1 favorite considering the Angels could pass them for the AL West, then it would be a Wild Card Play in game for Oakland, (maybe against Felix Hernandez or James Shields).
Not guaranteed win night, and to have them rated #1 over the Tigers (holding a much bigger Division lead is not smart).
Best Bets on the Board Last Week + Notes (Value wise) Record 3 – 1 – 1 :
1. TB +10000 (Have erased several big deficits before) This week +8000 (WIN)
2. BAL +2000 (3 game lead on TO) This Week +1600 (WIN)
3. MIL + 1600 (4 game lead on STL) This Week +1800 (LOSS)
4. WSH +1000 (Atlanta O will cool, WSH pitchers may not) +1000 (DRAW)
5. LAA +1000 (running away with 1st WC, Det may knock out OAK for them in PS) This week (+900)
Worst odds on the board Last Week + Notes (Value Wise) Record 1 – 2 – 2
1. TOR +1400 (EE hurt, playing bad.) This Week Odd +1400 (Draw)
2. STL +1200 (Aren’t hitting, no magic elixirs yet.) This Week Odd +1100 (Loss)
3. OAK +550 (Odd is too low, should be +700 or higher.) This Week Odd +500 (Loss)
4. SF +1100 (Free falling). This Week Odd +1100 (Draw)
5. NYY +1800 (Better keep making trades, 25 man ain’t enough right now). This Week Odd +2200 (Win)
Odds To Win The 2014 World Series This Week (Last Week Odd)
1. OAK +500 (+550)
2. DET +600 (+600)
3. LAD +700 (+700)
4. LAA +900 (+1000)
5. WSH +1000 (+1000)
T6. SF +1100 (+1100)
T6. STL +1100 (+1200)
T8. TOR +1400 (+1400)
T8. ATL +1400 (+1400)
10. BAL +1600 (+2000)
11. MIL +1800 (+1600)
12. NYY +2200 (+1800)
13. SEA +2500 (+2500)
T14. PIT +3500 (+3500)
T14. CIN +3500 (+3500)
16. KC +4000 (+3500)
17. BOS +5000 (+4000)
18. CLE +6500 (+6500)
T19. MIA +8000 (+8000)
T19. TB +8000 (+10000)
21. MIN +20000 (+15000)
22. CWS +25000 (+15000)
T23. PHI +30000 (+30000)
T23. NYM +30000 (+25000)
T25. TEX +50000 (+15000)
T25. COL +50000 (+50000)
T27. CHC +100000 (+300000)
T27. SD +100000 (+300000)
T29. ARI +300000 (+150000)
T29. HOU +300000 (+250000)
Best Bets on the Board This Week (Value wise):
1. BAL +1600 ( 4 game lead on Toronto, team pretty healthy)
2. PIT +3500 (with CIN/STL injuries and MIL not playing well, good value)
3. Milwaukee +1800 (Still have NL Central lead)
4. Washington +1000 (Should pull away from ATL 2nd half)
5. KC +4000 (Within range of SEA, one of best SOS’s in 2nd hald
Worst odds on the board This Week (Value Wise)
1. TOR +1400 (Losing June and July, injuries mounting)
2. NYY +2200 (.500 club as team sits at best)
3. OAK +500 (If LAA catches them, they may get bounced in WC play in)
4. SF+1100 (not by much here, but hard to bet them winning NL West, road harder traveled through WC game)
5. SEA +2500 (Need to pull a trade down)
US Residents be advised it is illegal to gamble in most states in the country.
Odds brought to you by http://www.bet365.com
*** The views and opinions expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of mlbreports.com and their partners***
A Big thanks goes out to our chief writer Hunter Stokes for preparing today’s feature post
For all of the Rosters, Depth Charts, State of the Unions and Salaries Posts that we do, please visit our dedicated page link here.
Please e-mail me at: email@example.com with any questions and feedback. To subscribe to our website and have the Daily Reports sent directly to your inbox, click here and follow the link at the top of our homepage.
Like us on Facebook here